This site represents the ramblings and a journey of learning for me, this is my place sometimes a dumping ground sometimes a fully documented howto so i dont forget, you’re welcome to use whatever you like, and if perhaps something was of interest or use … why not say “hello”
To learn, to expand knowledge to experience is the reason for living, the day i stop learning, stop pushing the boundaries of my knowledge is the time to end it.
What else do you need?
- Alas the usual and perhaps not so usual history
- married - divorced - no kids
- Worked throughout Europe & Asia (in no order)
- test bed engineer for aero-engines
- automation engineer (robotics/plc programmer)
- ultrasonic rail test
- “simple” sparky (maintenance electrician)
- maintenance manager
- ha forgot this one … cobbler! 1st job at 15yrs old.
- there might be a few more in the past but thats enough
- Picked up many languages which range from a smattering to almost conversational
- Always been a failed? geek
- starting from ZX Spectrum’s hacking the headers to allow games to run from microdrive’s
- on perhaps more than one occasion altering the high score table cos my dad kept beating me… (he never played against me again so wasnt such a good idea!)
- running the school ahem piracy ring (sounds much grander than it was back then! a dual cassette recorder and a C90 tape)
- working through many different beasts such as BBC Micro,Spectrums, QL, Amiga’s, PC’s, Macs - , Psion 3/3C/5(mx)
- VBA & TCL, ending with linux / raspberry pi’s and python.
- Currently employed as a Knowhow Bonding Engineer for a large French company.